Tuesday 27 November 2012

Its Finally Here

Wow!! its been quite a while. Well when I was not here, I was over making sure organisations partake in their Corporate Social Responsibilities. Which I must say was quiet interesting although stressful and money zapping but at the end of the day was worth it.
At first, it seemed a lot tasking when my instructor informed my classmates and I about the task. As a student as usual I did what almost everyone would do. Grumble... but now I am very much grateful for that as it has provided me with the opportunity to  have a feel of what CSR really meant.
I have to say It was'nt funny at all. We ( myself, blessing and charles) had to visit a lot of places trying to educate and convience them on how and why they should do CSR. companies such as Green-city hotel, Top 10, Muna hotel, Nas Meridien. e.t.c Some were even honest about the fact that they cannot invest into something that would'nt fetch them income. But what they did not understand after explaning it to them so many times was that CSR had a lot of benefits it doesnt have to be financially but just the satisfaction and publicity alone is good enough to fetch them money.
 Well, after weeks and weeks we were finally able to get in touch with Nas meridien hotel manager Miss Bilikisu, and the assistant Mr. Usman into taking stewardship and the environment into consideration and to make that happen, they provided shagari secondary school with recylce bins to reduce littering of the environment and its effect to the school and environment at large. They also spoke to the students and the principals on how to keep the bins and evironment clean and safe for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment